International Cooperation Office

KA-107 General info and FAQ


  • Student mobility for studies to/from Partner Countries; 3-5 months / academic cycle

  • Staff mobility for teaching to/from Partner Countries; academics and staff: suggested. 5 days (plus travel) min. 8 hours teaching / week

  • Staff mobility for training to/from Partner Countries. (as above)


  • 800 euro/month for incoming students to Nysa
  • 700 euro/month for outgoing students from Poland
  • 140 euro/day for incoming staff to Poland(if <14 days)
  • 180 euro/day for outgoing staff from Hungary


  • 100 and 499 KM: 180 EUR/person
  • 500 and 1999 KM: 275 EUR/person
  • 2000 and 2999 KM: 360 EUR/person
  • 3000 and 3999 KM: 530 EUR/person
  • 4000 and 7999 KM: 820 EUR/person
  • 8000 KM and above: 1100 EUR/ person


Students must

  • have completed at least the first year of Bachelor when they start their study-abroad mobility
  • remain registered at their home institution
  • agree on a course of study for their period abroad before the start of the mobility, summarized in a Learning Agreement
  • have sufficient language competence to follow the course of studies proposed; required language could be English or German, depending on the courses in question.

The details of the regulations are summarized in the ERASMUS+ Student Charta.
More information can be found in the brochures and FAQs of the European Commission

Additional criteria may be defined by your Home institution. Please refer to the specific information published in your university, or contact your International Office.

Details on financial support and payment arrangements to the participant will be set down in the Grant Agreement, the contract between the participant and the European Host University which has to be signed before the start of the mobility period. This document will be issued by UAS in Nysa after you have been selected for the programme.

Next Steps
If you are interested in taking part in the programme, if you would like to come to POLAND for studies, to learn more about the world, get to know new people, a new culture and much more ? contact your International Office and ask for ERASMUS+ with the University of Applied Sciences in Nysa.

You should

  • Check the deadlines for the application;
  • Make sure you get together all you need for the application;
  • Get in touch with your department and with Philipps-Universität Marburg if you need information in preparing your study programme;
  • Check the language requirements, especially for your study area and study level, so you will have enough time to prepare yourself for the stay abroad.

Useful resources

Erasmus+ Homepage
FAQs for Students & Staff
Erasmus+ Programme Guide
Erasmus Charter for Higher Education
ECTS User's Guide
Brochure on Erasmus+ international opportunities


Which students are eligible for mobility?

In order to be eligible, a student must carry out their mobility activity in a Programme Country or Partner Country different from the country of the sending organisation and the country where the student has his/her accommodation during Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility It is not required for the student to have the nationality of the country of the sending institution.

What is the maximum duration of the mobility for students and staff?
Students can go on mobility for a maximum of 12 months per study cycle and the maximum mobility period for staff is 2 months, but it is finally agreed in the institutional agreement.

What is the minimum mobility period for students and staff?
The minimum duration of the mobility period for students is 3 months or 1 academic term or trimester. The minimum mobility period for staff is 5 days.

The start date of the mobility period is the first day the student should be present at the receiving institution. This could be the start date of the first course/first day at work, a welcome event organised by the receiving institution, or language and intercultural courses; this may include attending language courses organised or Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility provided by other organisations than the receiving institution, if the sending institution considers it as a relevant part of the mobility period abroad. The end date of the mobility period is the last day the student must be present at the receiving institution and not the actual date of departure. This is, for example, the end of exams period, courses or mandatory sitting period.

What happens in case of an early return of a student?
According to article 3.6 of the student grant agreement, every National Agency can define the rules for recovery of the grant after early termination of the mobility. The NA can also decide in which case students have to return because of force majeure.
If the NA considers the student's reason to terminate the mobility to be a force majeure, the mobility has to be marked as force majeure in MT+. Depending on the recovery rules set by the NA, the student might have to return (part) of the grant.
If the NA does not consider the early return to be a case of force majeure, the mobility will not be encoded in MT+ and the grant will have to be returned.

Can a participant be sent on mobility several times during his/her studies?
Yes, Erasmus+ enables students to study or train abroad more than once as Erasmus+ students as long as the minimum duration for each activity (e.g. 3 months for studies) and a total maximum of 12 months per study cycle is respected. However, higher education institutions may decide to give lower priority to students who have already benefited from a mobility period in the same study cycle (under the LLP-Erasmus programme, Erasmus Mundus or Erasmus+).

Can students or staff be sent on mobilities to more than one country?
Yes, students can go on mobilities for up to 12 months per study cycle, this can be in more than one country. There are no restrictions for staff mobilities. More details can be found on p.37 of the Programme Guide.

What criteria should be followed when selecting students?
The selection criteria for participants are defined by their sending higher education institution, in agreement with the receiving institution. The first criterion should be academic merit, but with equivalent academic level, preference should be assigned to students from less advantaged socio-economic backgrounds.
Information on the mobility opportunities available and the selection procedure should be made public. The selection of participants, as well as the procedure for awarding them a grant, must be fair, transparent and documented and should be made available to all parties involved in the selection process.

What is a learning or mobility agreement and when does it need to be signed?
Before the mobility can start, the sending and receiving institutions, together with the participant (student or staff), must agree on the activities that the participant will undertake during the period abroad.

The Learning Agreement sets out the study programme to be followed by the student, defines the target learning outcomes and specifies the formal recognition provisions. For more detailed information, please refer to these 'Guidelines on how to use the learning agreement for studies'.

Similarly, the mobility agreement for members of staff sets out the teaching or training programme to be followed, and lists the rights and obligations of each party.
The above documents are available here>>

The distance calculator does not adequately reflect the price of travel.
What can I do?

The travel support is a contribution by the European Commission and follows the no-profit and co-financing principles. The top-up amounts for travel are not meant to cover all the costs incurred by the participants, but to support them as far as possible. In some cases, the travel costs will be overestimated and in other cases, these will be underestimated. The use of unit costs as contribution to travel considerably simplifies, streamlines and reduces administrative costs for all actors. Furthermore, it ensures an appropriate contribution which can be planned and predicted by the beneficiaries.

What is the deadline for the pre-financing payment by the HEI to the participants?
For students: Within 30 calendar days following the signature of the grant agreement by the student and the higher education institution from the Programme Country, and no later than the start date of the mobility period, or upon receipt of the confirmation of arrival.
For staff: Within 30 calendar days following the signature of the agreement by both parties, and no later than the start date of the mobility period.
The modalities for payment will be laid down in the grant agreement between the higher education institution and the student/staff.

Must participants from Partner Countries also fill out the participant report?
Yes, all participants from Partner and Programme Countries must fill out the participant report.

What is the definition of "staff mobility for teaching"?
Teaching assignments can come in various forms and take place as seminars, lectures and tutorials, for example. Actual teaching in this context should require the teacher to be physically present with the students.
Although e-mail tutoring or any other forms of distance learning as well as preparation are highly encouraged, they do not count in the minimum number of 8 hours of teaching.
Aside from this, higher education institutions have the flexibility to judge themselves which types of teaching should be funded by assessing the added value of the content proposed in the mobility agreement in terms of quality and impact on their internationalisation and modernisation strategy.

If a teacher stays at a host institution for one week and 2 days, what will be the minimum number of teaching hours?
The minimum number of teaching hours for an incomplete week, if the mobility lasts longer than one week, should be proportional to the duration of that week. For instance, if a teacher stays at a receiving institution for one week + 2 days, he/she should teach for 8 hours + approximately 3 hours, so 11 hours in total.

Will the Online Linguistic Support (OLS) tool be available for international credit mobility with Partner Countries?
No. The OLS will not be applicable for international mobility (neither incoming nor out-going) in the 2016 Call.

Is it possible for students to take courses which do not count towards their degree, during their international mobility?
This is up to the higher education institutions to decide. Additional courses cannot be obligatory and should not take precedence over the courses counting towards the student's degree. Recognition of ECTS credits or similar is not compulsory for those additional courses, unless otherwise agreed. However, the courses should be registered in an annex to the Learning Agreement so that the student, the sending and the receiving institution confirm before the mobility that those courses will be taken but will not count towards the degree, even if they are successfully completed by the student. When they sign their inter-institutional agreement, the higher education institutions decide which subject areas are open to mobilities. Ultimately, when the individual learning agreements are signed, the three parties decide which courses can be taken abroad and how they will be recognized.